Mar 11, 2013

Much Ado About ...

I'd say it was much ado about nothing.  But that's not quite the case.  It was something, but it was not the thing we thought it was.  That was good ... painful, but good.

Last Thursday morning I was busy writing when I heard a small voice call, "Mooommmm ... I need you." and I found Lillie curled up on the floor at the top of the stairs.  "My stomach hurts right here," and she pointed to her lower right abdomen.  "It hurts so bad I can't stand up."

After hemming and hawing, Ross took her to the emergency room for what we were sure was to be an appendectomy.  7 hours later they were back home.  No appendectomy.  It was a ruptured cyst.  For which they could do nothing.  The worst was over and my girl spent the next couple of days recuperating.

All's well that ends well.  Another cliche we can attribute to Shakespeare and one I like much better than the opener.

No comments: